Conference: April 19-21, 2017
February 2, 2017 Paper submission is closed.
Submission Deadline of Short Presentation Slides: April 12, 2017
Short presentation submission is closed.
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and laser diodes (LDs) have been attracting much attention for the application to solid-state lighting. In order to meet the rapid increase in the application fields, the discussion opportunities between the device developers and material scientists are required. We are pleased to announce that the 5th International Conference on Light-Emitting Devices and Their Industrial Applications (LEDIA ’17) will be held at Pacifico Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan, on April 19 – 21, 2017. LEDIA ’17 provides a platform for scientists and engineers to discuss progress and future trends in the rapidly advancing science and technology of wide bandgap semiconductors for LEDs and their applications. Their applications into visible and ultraviolet LEDs and LDs are also included in the scope of this meeting. LEDIA ’17 is sponsored by Akasaki Research Center (ARC), Nagoya University.
LEDIA ’17 covers the wide-bandgap semiconductors and LED/LD technologies in the following major topical fields;
- A. Wide bandgap semiconductors
Growth of GaN-based materials, oxides for LED, GaN, AlN, ZnO and their related substrates
- B. Fabrication of light-emitting diodes and its process
White, UV, visible and IR LEDs and LDs, including micro cavity and photonic crystals
- C. Characterization of LEDs and their related materials
Quantum efficiency, efficiency droop, luminescence, color conversion
- D. Industrial application of LEDs/LDs
Solid-state lighting, display, LED/LD integration, agricultural applications
- E. Novel materials and device structures for solid-state lighting
Inorganic/organic hybrid materials for solid-state lighting, quantum dot, plasmon
- Chair Hiroshi Amano(Nagoya Univ.)
- Vice Chair Tohru Honda(Kogakuin Univ.)
The official language of LEDIA ’17 is English.
Akasaki Research Center (ARC), Nagoya University
In cooperation with
- The Illuminating Engineering Institute of Japan (IEIJ)
- Japan LED Association (JLEDS)
- Optoelectronics Industry and Technology Development Association (OITDA)
- The 125th Committee on Mutual Conversion between Light and Electricity, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- The 162nd Committee on Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Photonic and Electronic Devices, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
OPTICS & PHOTONICS International Exhibition 2017 will be held simultaneously on April 18 (Tue)-21 (Fri) at Pacifico Yokohama